This past spring, I was extremely fortunate to attend a corporate leadership conference with my husband. He works for a very large Fortune 500 insurance company. Why was it fortunate for an educator to attend a corporate conference? That’s simple. As a lead learner in my classroom, I am personally responsible to guide my learners. I cannot do that effectively, if I don’t know the direction in which my learners may be headed in the future.
As I sat amongst these corporate leaders, I was mesmerized about the future that they were projecting. A place where drones, satellites, Geo spatial analytics, and social media collide. A place where our students have to be prepared to go!
Here are my top 5 takeaways (bring-backs) from the conference:
- Our learners have to use technology in a limitless, creative way.
- Our learners have to be able to use data to create.
- Our learners have to be able to use data to decide.
- Our learners have to understand how to utilize and analyze social media.
- And yes, of course, our learners have to understand the basics of communication, but with their own personal touch.